Jun 9, 2008

Katherine Oppermann 1910-2007

Emma is named after two very special people. Her first name is taken after my babysitter growing up, who was like a second mother to me (see here).

Her middle name is after my maternal grandmother. Kay was an elegant, classy and loyal lady. She passed away in November 2007 at the age of 97. We hope that Emma inherited this longevity.

Last weekend, we took another road trip up to Santa Barbara (side note: this trip was MUCH easier once I reclined her car seat all the way back. DUH!) We had a quick weekend visit with family, introducing Emma to her aunt and two cousins.

My grandmother was one of four sisters, and the last one to pass away. So we decided to pay tribute to her and her sisters with the help of some beautiful floral wreaths, lily petals, a nice captain, a gentle sailboat ride and the Pacific Ocean.

Cousin Eric
My aunt Kyra and cousin Katie

Me and mom



We had a visitor. A local harbor seal wanted to know what was going on! :)

Sisters


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...