Dec 24, 2008

I've been tagged!

Ahhh....it's so nice to have a staycation. I can finally catch up on a little blogging.

I've been tagged by Nugget's Nursery! Here's the sccop:

Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Write 6 random things about yourself.
Tag 6-ish people at the end of your post.
Let each person know he/she has been tagged (or let them get tagged by reading your blog).
Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

My 6 Random Things:

1) I love my nickname - "Eeks" (or "Eeker" if you're my mom). It actually evolved from "Eeka". My cousin Kate and I were born 4 months apart and grew up inseparable. When we both started talking, she couldn't pronounce "Erika" so it came out "Eeka". She was the only one who called me that for a long time. But then somewhere along the way, I divulged this information to my buddies in high school and it stuck. It became "Eeks" for short and it's stayed that way for about 15 years. There was a time when it was just "E" too. I like either one! :)

2) I have been known to eat spaghetti with ketchup on top.

3) I'm a very light sleeper. I've always been this way, and parenting has only compounded this problem, but that's biological: research shows that mothers hearing actually gets more sensitive after their baby is born to make sure they don't sleep through their cries. I shared a room with my sister for almost 13 years and if she even breathed too loudly at night it would keep me up. I've now resorted to using white noise after many years of trying to cope. Hopefully I'll get some deep, uninterrupted sleep in about 20 years.

4) When I was a kid, I had a favorite baby doll that I named "Diggan Maluse". I have ABSOLUTELY no idea where that name came from or why a six-year old gave her baby doll a first and last name. It makes me laugh, and it became an inside joke in my family. I don't know where the doll is now - I'm hoping we kept it somewhere throughout all of our travels. I would get such a kick out of bequeathing it to Emma.

5) I have a highly irrational fear of Mountain Lions and Brown Recluse Spiders. Not just a fear of them, but a fear that I will meet my death by them. Neurotic, much?

6) In my previous life, before I was all grown up and decided to become a professional photagrapher (hey, a girl can dream) I had many random jobs: a laser-eye surgery patient consultant, an orthadontic technician, a horse stable-hand, a nanny, and a burger-flipper at Wendy's (my very first job). I am a perfect specimin of employer ADD. :)

Hope that was enough randomness for you! I now yield the floor to my blogging buddies below so that they can disclose their own silliness:

1) New Millienium Motherhood (Kate) - (she and megan will vouch for my fear of mountain lions)
2) Strange Ways Here We Come/Megan and Lars - Megan
3) Baby Badgalier - Jen
4) Blue Crab Adventures - Jen
5) Katie Jean - KJ
6) Jen Posts - Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...