Dec 15, 2008

December 2008 update

Since it's been a while, I thought I'd jot down what Miss Em has been up to lately. She cracks me up all the time. Every day she does a little something extra (usually goofy or sweet) like patting me on the back when giving me a hug or wanting to brush my teeth for me. Precious!

She has been saying 'mama' and 'dada' for a while, but now she'll say "Hi!" every time she walks up to me. It's too funny. It's in such a casual tone of voice, like, "hey, whut up mom".

She's learned "no". She doesn't say it - she just shakes her head. A lot.

She's perfected the pout. Turns her mouth into a big circle and sticks that bottom lip out. Big time.....even accompanies it with a nice little "waaaaah". Technically I guess it sounds more like, "waaaaaaoohhhh". And then turns to see if you're watching.

She keeps getting more teeth! After all four molars popped up (and we recovered from the interrupted nights) she got all four incisors popping through at the same time. Her mouth is almost totally full!

She's still got a great appetite and eats almost everything (except meat....still not big on that). Her absolute favorite food is hands down: BLUEBERRIES!! This girl could eat blueberries morning, noon and night. They've got magical powers for a cranky/fussy toddler - so I always have them in stock!

She's still *obsessed* with babies. Babies on the street, baby dolls, pictures of babies in books or magazines, real babies (like our neighbor's 4 month old). She still loooooves babies and wants to smother them (almost literally!) in hugs and kisses. Let's hope this tradition continues.

She and Parker are best friends. She particularly likes pulling up his lip to inspect his teeth. She'll make a growling sound and then run down the hallway for him to chase him. That brings me to my next one....

She loves playing cat-and-mouse! The slower you stalk her and the louder your roar, the harder she laughs. She'll run herself into a corner and then dance/fidget around until you capture her. Her favorite time to play this is right before bath time - as I'm chasing her around trying to peel off clothes!

She also looves being outside. She'll grab my keys or her shoes and take them over to the front door and make her clucking sound (not sure how, but that was the sign she chose to mean 'outside' for some reason). She gets giddy when we put the sweater and shoes on and she runs out the front door. I have to catch her in time so she doesn't tear down the front steps. Once outside she loves waving to the cars, picking flowers and spotting the birds flying. She's a fast runner too! I now understand what "chasing after a toddler" means. :)

One of the funniest things she does these days is make piles. She'll pick up 5-6 things in her arms at once (all different shapes and weights) and struggle to carry them across the room. Then she'll make a little pile with each piece, until she decides she needs to relocate the whole load to some other part of the room. It cracks me up what she likes carrying - mostly akward and heavy household items. She'll even grunt and groan if they're particularly heavy. But she loves overloading herself and making her little piles. Too funny!

In 10 days she'll be 15 months old!! I can't beleive it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...