Apr 28, 2008

R-O-A-D T-R-I-P!

We took our first road trip with Emma this weekend, to Phoenix for Katie's wedding. The drive wasn't that bad, but there wasn't much to look at. We made it in around 6 hours each way (a little less coming back) and it was really the only time Emma was unhappy. She's never liked her carseat, and being stuck in it for 5 hours is borderline torture. But I kept her pretty distracted with toys, books, peekaboo, border patrol and she even managed to doze off here and there. The best part of the whole trip was that we got to hang out with Tia and Uncle Andy, G.G. and Opa!

I thought I'd start by posting a picture of -gasp- yours truly. Being the photographer (that I am NOT) I am always taking pictures and never in them. So here's one to serve as proof that I exist:
Here are a few snapshots of the Royal Palms Resort and Spa. This place is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. There is no detail left undone here, everything is meticulous, beautiful, relaxing and so so so cozy. My favorite part is the big armchairs sitting on the porch, under ceiling fans, in front of bubbling fountains. How's that for sensory relaxation?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...