Apr 22, 2008

Open Letter Tuesday

Emma decided to spend the afternoon cranking out a few letters. My, her typing skills are getting good!

Here's what she had to say:

Dear Mr. Santa Claus,


I know it's a little early in the year to be writing you, but I am a bit of a planner. I wanted to let you know that I have been a very good girl so far, and to please add me to your list. I give my mommy and daddy lots of hugs, kisses and giggles. I even pet my brother Parker on the nose. I can't wait to see you this year. If you're curious as to what you can bring me, how about some snow? See you and the gang in December!


Love,

Emma Bear

Dear Harvard, Princeton and Yale,

Thank you so much for your offer letters of early admittance. Please accept this letter as a notification of deferral. I have about 17.5 years to learn how to skip, read, tie a bow, swim, and do arithmetic before I can be ready to take on higher education.

Let me take this opportunity to keep you informed of my progress to date:

  • I have an A+ in Home Ec, because my mommy says I LOVE FOOD.
  • As for handwriting, I am pretty good at splashing in water, so I'd give myself a B.
  • Musical abilities - definitely a B+. Is screeching considered soprano or alto?
  • Fashion: Please.
  • Finally, in History I'm getting a C. Mostly because I have a hard time learning about the War of 1812 when there are no pictures in the books!!

Anyway, thanks again for your generous offer. I'll check back with you regarding my honors thesis when I get to kindergarten. I look forward to meeting your staff in 2025 for a final tour of the campuses, where I will make my final decision. Until then, keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

Emma Bear
P.S. - Check out my tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...