Mar 29, 2008

Happy Half Birthday!

Our sweet, happy Emma is 6 months old!! It is so hard to believe she's already 6 months old. I know everyone gets so sick of hearing how time flies with children, but it's true. Reminds me of the Kenny Chesney song, "don't blink". That's exactly how I feel.

Emma's current stats are weight: 14lb 14oz, 25.5 inches long, and head circumference is 16 inches. This means she is in the 25% percentile for height and weight. My doctor told me not to worry, but a mom always does. She's just a peanut. I think it has to do with the fact that she is always on the move and probably inherited her dad's crazy metabolism!

As for milestones, she definitely doesn't dig lying down anymore. Everytime we lay her down to change her clothes, she pulls her head and neck up so she can look around. It's actually kinda funny looking. She is almost sitting by herself - it won't be long. And she can hang out on her tummy, rolling both ways and playing with her feet. I have a feeling I'll walk into her room and see her standing up in the near future - she's that quick!

EVERYTHING goes in the mouth, but she still doesn't have any teeth. She loves anything that rattles and looking at her reflection in the mirror (hey, who doesn't?) :)

1 comments:

  1. I know what you mean-time goes sooo fast. We have a little peanut too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...