Mar 20, 2011

blast off

FINALLY getting out to do things. We are enjoying the good weather and our proximity to the wonderful slew of museums in D.C. Gigi and I took Emma on her very first Metro ride. Hard to believe it took so long to get her on the subway, I practically lived on the Metro growing up. I think at her age though, she'll actually remember it. The hard part is doing it in a stroller. I thought about just walking it, but it's a lot of walking, so I knew she'd get tired. Plus, I get really nervous around those platforms! There must have been 458 elevators for us to take in order to get to the right platforms. Small, stinky elevators. And each of those elevator rides add an additonal 2-3 minutes to your trek. She expressed her own wariness: when I told Emma that we would be going underground into a tunnel, her response getting onto the first elevator was, "I don't know about this". I swear she's 3 going on 30.

The Air and Space museum was our choice for the day. It wasn't a long visit, since the ride to get there was effort enough and we were tired upon arrival. She loved the astronaut 'costumes' and asked to see a real alien. She got to fly a plane and look through a telescope at the moon. We stayed about an hour, and celebrated afterwards with an ice cream (if you can even call it that!) Gotta love those bright colored snack vans perched directly outside the museum doors. Brilliant child advertising. :)

I love my Gigi!
The picture below is Emma and I on an infrared/night vision camera. That's her little head in the middle! :)

No idea what Powerpuff Girls are, but this is the one she wanted. Isn't it freaky looking? She enjoyed the musuem, but couldn't wait to get her hands on this!

And yay for tulip magnolias! Spring is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...