Feb 16, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day from the Wild Animal Park!

Please excuse the hokey blog layout. I'm trying to customize it, and I got as far as my header, but html befuddles me sometimes. Should be cleared up soon!

This Valentine's Day we celebrated as a family at the Wild Animal Park. It was the first time we've been! It's a 30 minute drive, but sooooo worth it. I like it better than the zoo (and I didn't think that was possible!). Emma loved, loved it. I can't tell what was more fun - the petting kraal or the gorillas (primates are my all-time fave, and these guys were out and play-fighting.). I tried to get good pics of them, but ended up with lots of ape butts! :)





On our drive home, we stopped by some of the orange groves that had suffered in the 2007 fires. It's really eerie to see forests full of blackened wood. These are my pics, but I doctored them up in photoshop to emphasize the eerie feeling.



2 comments:

  1. Love the gorilla pics! Did you see the elephants? The baby elephants are the cutest things ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gorilla pics! Did you see the elephants? The baby elephants are the cutest things ever.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...