Jul 29, 2008

earthquake

I just experienced, for the 2nd time in three years, the eerie feeling of an earthquake. At first, you think you're getting dizzy, and reach out to stable yourself on something. But then you see everything else moving around you, and you realize it's not you. I was at work. There's comfort knowing that I didn't make this up - that others felt it too.

Anyway, the magnitude was 5.8 and the epicenter was in L. A. (Chino Hills). We're ok, and all is well at home. It just makes you realize not to take anything for granted.

Click here for more info and a map. This is now bookmarked in my 'favorites'.

PS - you know you've lived in SoCal for too long, when after assessing that everyone is safe, I think, "wow, the surf is really gonna be up this afternoon!" :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...