Mar 22, 2008

Nostalgia

Today, I had a moment - one of those moments that you are so grateful for because they really put you in your place. I was frustrated with the inadequacies of my small house, my cell phone died, I felt like a shlump, and after looking down at my feet, I realized that I hadn't had a pedicure since before Emma was born. It was just one of those moments where I felt like complaining -but for no legitimate reason. I'm a pretty lucky person and I know it.

Tonight, I started going through my pictures and I scanned through the ones I took of my growing belly while I was pregnant. A wave of nostalgia came over me - and even sadness that it was over. I look back on that time with such fondness and comfort , it's hard to put into words. I didn't know then what an absolute joy I was carrying, how it would change me forever. I was lucky in that I had an easy pregnancy (despite the misery of the heat wave I had endure in my last month, it was well worth it). I looked at those pictures, and then looked at my sweet baby girl this evening giving me her biggest, gummiest smile and I just melted. The gift of life is truly amazing to me, and it keeps getting better. I miss being pregnant!

Anyway, I wanted to share one of the pics we took professionally, because it just makes me smile. I can't wait to hold that kind of joy again someday.

Oh, I did get that pedicure and it was wonderful. :)


1 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. Glad you got that pedicure. It's amazing how you instantly feel better when your feet look good. Oh, and the picture is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...