Jan 2, 2008

Jose, the conversing parrot

One of the great things about having a new baby is the opportunity it gives you to reconnect with loved ones from your past.


My cousin Kate and I are four months apart. So essentially - I was a little older than Emma is when she was born. We grew up 15 minutes from each other, and were virtually inseparable for close to 15 years (until I moved overseas).

So we made a visit to see Kate and Margot (her mom) and introduce her to Emma. Kate's family are all animal lovers like us, so we got to meet a few others as well: Poppy the bulldog, Bentley the cat, and Jose the talking parrot. This bird was a riot. Everything I said, he would respond with "Ohhh...." So I would say a few sentences, and Jose would chime in: "Oh?", "oohhhh", "Ooooh". It was too funny. He's over 10 years old too, so we had to include a picture! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...