Sep 9, 2007

Things I am grateful for Today: (and by no means is this an exhaustive list!)

1) Emma has turned! That's right, our little buttercup is "locked and loaded". I have no idea whether she decided to turn on her own, or if the accupuncture, massage, chiropractice, hypnosis, flashlight shining, ironing board lying, polar bear positioning that I tried had anything to do with it! :)

2) The weather has cooled off!! I almost melted last weekend (Labor Day) - and yes, I mean literally. It was approximately 95-98 degrees in the sun in San Diego, and it was 4000 degrees inside our house (we have no A/C). If it weren't for the use of three fans, very little clothing, 19 popsicles and the ocean five blocks away, I wouldn't have survived. It is a cool 69 degrees outside now.

3) I am officially done with work - at least until 2008! It was an almost surreal experience walking out of my building at 6:30pm on Friday afternoon. I was by far, the only person there, and I kept having panic attacks that I had forgotten to hand off an event, or that I didn't show my staff where I left a particular binder, table, key, whatever. I guess I felt this uber-sense of responsibility, like I was abandoning my post. I worked very hard to make sure that everything I was working on was organized and documented for my replacement - but it was still hard. I guess I had come to really appreciate my role as a manager, and I felt very protective of my staff. I also had another thought, as I was putting my box of things into the back of my car: I've been in that position for exactly 9 months. In other words, Emma and I had been working together as a team for the entire time that I was Manager of Project and Event Support. Pretty cool, huh? We already make a great team! :)

4) I am grateful for having such an amazing support team of friends and family, who generosity has allowed us to barely have to supply anything for Emma's arrival. I think we're set - and we're set really well. And I truly appreciate it.

5) That my weight gain has finally stopped! I think the pea-size stomach I have these days is primarily responsible. Of course, I think I'm making up for it by retaining water. My poor, poor feet. I am sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...